Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bubble Bath

Ever since I was about two years old, I couldn't wait to be an adult. I've always been really independent and just wanted to be a grown-up. My mother would always tell me not to wish my life away, but it never worked. I would still look forward to the day where I could be the boss of me and be independent!

That day came. August 18, 2010 I moved into my dorm room and no longer had a curfew, house rules, chores (even though basically my only chore at home was to make my bed in the morning, nothing too strenuous) or anything else. I was so happy to have my own space and my own time frame to work with. Now that I've been living on my own for about eight months, I have figured out the highs and lows of independence. Some lows will fade but others will only get greater.

Upsides
  • Not having a curfew (even though college has really only made me more of a homebody)
  • Being able to do what I want with my space (at least my side of the room) and my own 'place'
  • Painting my nails inside
  • Eating what I want (or what's on the Zeta menu)
  • Being independent
Downsides
  • No more fully-stocked refrigerator
  • No mother here to do my laundry or make me my tea in the morning
  • No extra space like I had in my house
  • NO WATER ... and by no water I mean not living by the water. I alwayyss want to live at most 30 miles away from open water!
  • No big comfy couch to lounge on
  • Figuring out my own budget
and what I'm really missing right now..... no bath tub! All of this stress associated with exams is driving me bonkers...


and I used to unwind in a hot bubbly bath with some Pandora on. Aaaahhhhh that sounds heavenly! All this talk of bubble baths just makes me think of how much I adore Lush.


If you're beginning to feel the insane stress of finals initializing or if you're drowning in taxes (hello Tax Week!), then you'd probably feel the same way as I am right now about now about popping some of these perfect bath bombs and bubble bars into searing hot bath water and clicking on some Colbie Caillat and George Winston.


"Absolute Delight" is loaded with Turkish rose absolute made from real rose petals and even has jasmine, sandalwood and geranium to enrich its scent and your attachment to its powers of serenity as well.

"All that Jas" has titillating jasmine in order to calm you and relax your muscles. The scent even stays on your body for hours afterwards so that your whole home and car can smell just as wonderful!



"Psychodelic" has hints of citrus and sandalwood to help you unwind and mellow out 


"Waving Not Drowning" has lavender which is my absolute favorite scent and go-to for relaxation. It calms your mind and body while helping to alleviate insomnia as well.


"Candy Fluff Egg" smells like a custard cream that "fell into a cotton candy machine". Of course I had to include this cute little bubble bar for Easter (countdown... 12 days!) that will make everything associated with finals and taxes so much sweeter.
 
With these adorable and relaxing little bath accessories, how could you resist a hot bath to soothe and ease?  Now if only I didn't have three finals, a project, an exam, two quizzes, homework and 150 miles standing between my bath tub and me....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment