Friday, April 1, 2011

Off I Go!

Unlike most people, I actually really enjoy packing. I am a very organized person so getting everything together in an organized manner like packing not only pleases me but also makes me more excited for my trip! I usually wait as long as possible because once I'm done packing, I'm ready to go and if I do it days ahead of time it's torture to see that packed bag but be unable to leave yet! I got all of my laundry done and made a checklist of what I needed to do before I left but didn't put all of my stuff in my duffel until this morning, just a few hours before I would leave :)


I lay out all of my stuff on my bed in categories. Hair appliances, shorts, pants, dresses, nice tops, casual tops (such as t-shirts), sweatshirts, shoes and leggings/socks/miscellaneous. Once they're all organized, I can place them in my duffel right where they belong :) Everything consolidated to only two bags -- you have no idea, this is a record of some sort for me, I usually have three or four bags even for a weekend trip!

Everything consolidated... like my Zeta pin? :)
My duffel bag is the Vera Bradley large duffel in "Totally Turq" (a Spring 2010 color), and my purse is a Longchamp Le Pliage tote. Both are perfect for traveling as they're both carry-on size and especially for its weight, the duffel is really easy to carry!

Once I finished all of my packing, I got myself ready. I decided to go with curls and tried something that is a little new to me: curling my hair with a straightener. It took a lot of practice and I think I burnt almost every single one of my fingers but I think I'm getting the hang of it! I used part of the large balance on my two Amazon giftcards to buy a very inexpensive but professional straightener, a 1.25 inch Cortex Professional Collection Black Tourmaline straightener which usually retails for $130 or so for only $30.00! Awesome deal from a wholesale retailer.
I already had a FHI straightener but it is a 2" straightening iron and too thick to do curls. This new one works great though! I learned from a YouTube video and tried it out earlier this week. Today's curls turned out tight so that they would fall into the right place by the time I get to DC.

Front view

I did larger curls so it would look more volumtuous
So far, six hours later, they're still in and just a little bit looser. I'm definitely a fan of the straightener over the curling iron! My curling iron curls usually fall in about an hour so I'm extremely impressed!

I'm obviously a little bored waiting for my plane...
Currently, I'm sitting at the terminal waiting for my flight! My plane takes off at 6:40 and I'll be in Washington at about 8:30. That's assuming I survive the landing.. I hate landings!  Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment