Friday, April 1, 2011

What I've Got Stuck In My Head...


I cannot do any sort of homework without music to go along with it. First of all, it definitely makes it more bearable and secondly it blocks out other distractions. I used to hate doing that after my freshman year of high school Inquiry Skills class when my teacher warned us about listening to music while studying and how in order to recall the information you studied at the maximum potential you would have to be listening to that music during recollection. So I would study in testing conditions which by the end of the IB program got to be really dull and boring. Now, music is a must-have. I could never get through my endless Financial Accounting homework without it. 

I find my music from Pandora, iTunes suggestions and my friend Dakota is always making me CD's with new music on it that I would have never otherwise found.  My current favorites on my playlist are:
  • T-Pain - Best Love Song (feat. Chris Brown)
  • Chris Brown - Look At Me Now (feat Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes)
  • Wiz Khalifa - No Sleep
  • Chris Brown - Next 2 You (feat Justin Bieber)
  • Big Fat Bass (feat will.i.am) - Britney Spears
  • Glee Cast - Raise Your Glass  (**disclaimer: I cannot stand Pink but as usual when Glee redid it, I became obsessed)
  • Chris Brown - All Back
  • Glee Cast - Misery
  • Far East Movement - She Owns the Night
  • Sam Tsui - Love The Way You Lie mashup (if you have never heard of Sam Tsui, he was on the famous Yale acapella group "Baker's Dozen" and makes mashups and covers for sooo many songs. He even composed the Glee version of "Don't Stop Believing". He's greattttt!)
  • Katy Perry - E.T. (feat. Kanye West)
  • Sam Tsui - Down (cover)
I'm particularly obsessed with "Best Love Song" by T-Pain. It's so positive and upbeat. Definitely keeps me awake during late homework nights.  I'll also be jamming to these on my way to WASHINGTON DC today!  :):) It's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment