Monday, March 28, 2011

Color Me Spring

Despite picking off my nailpolish usually within twenty-four hours of application, I love nail polish. I try to change my nail polish color at least once every couple of weeks or even more often if I have a special outfit that I want it to match. :)  My absolute favorite brand is Essie. I can always count on Essie to have the most selection of colors in almost every shade imaginable.

How many different shades of red are there??

My favorite season. To coordinate my happiness that the warm weather is back (and right now, the perfect temperatures for a few more weeks), I love to pick out cute, bright shades of nail polish Though I have a bad habit of picking nail polish off sometimes within twenty-four hours of application, I am a sucker for it. Particularly if it comes from Essie. My favorite of their spring colors are

Little bit of lavender!

This turns out to be a beautiful light blue (hi Christine :D)

My favorite!

and in honor of the beautiful cherry blossoms I'm about to see in Washington, DC this weekend, I bought the brightest pink nail polish I could find at J. Crew ...



Perfect for the cherry blossoms, right?! I'm already sporting the color (and trying hard not to pick off the polish..yuck!). You can obviously tell I'm taking my excitement a bit out of hand... coordinating nail polish? Every detail is attended to :)

Speaking of Washington DC... I found the most fitting outfits this weekend while in Orlando with my family and my sister's friend Angela.

My little sister, Lexie, and me on Friday night after dinner
I had a very successful shopping trip at Premium Outlets (definitely the best of the outlet malls) and Mall at Millenia. (The best mall, hands down. They're even getting a Pinkberry!)

 
Now, as you can see, I went a little nuts on the same piece in different colors (ahem, Celosia cardigan, numbers 1 & 8) and the ever-popular chinos (#4 & 9). I now have these chinos in seven colors.. wow! Obviously they are a staple for me. I opted for some longer shorts this time because of my upcoming trip to Israel in July. I need modest shorts that cover the majority of my thigh so I went with the 5" chinos instead of my usual 3" chinos.  Number seven I already own in white (it was too cute to resist in plum!) and ten & six come from Vineyard Vines to celebrate the coming of my favorite season!

Most importantly out of all of these items... I found my cherry blossom outfit. Instead of going with a dress, I decided for a very springy skirt, sweater combination (think numbers 1 and 3). They're both from my favorite J. Crew. I can just imagine strolling with Devon through the cherry blossoms looking perfectly floraly (is that a word?) festive. Then, for dinner out (hopefully our favorite District Chophouse if we can afford it!), I'm going to go with the Double in Brass by The Lake & Stars Chiffon strappy dress (#2) from Urban Outfitters. This look is a little dramatic for me so I'm hoping that I will be able to pull it off with some super cute nude Steve Madden pumps that my mama is lovely enough to overnight to me :)

What do you think? All of this DC talk is making me more and more excited! I love the anticipation of a great vacation! Especially because ....

I miss my far away boyfriend and cannot wait to fill in that gap!  ^^   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment