Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Productivity

Today I was extremely proud of myself because I was super productive the entire day! Can you say unheard of? Finished my to-do list and then some!
  • 9:00-10:00 AM: Four-mile run, striders and abdominal workout
  • 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Study for physics quiz, watch Financial Accounting lecture and reply to e-mails
  • 1:55-2:45 PM: CLASS
  • 3:00-4:45 PM: Financial Accounting homework
  • 5:00-5:45: DINNER
  • 6:00-10:30 PM CAD Homework & read ahead for Physics
What a day! So in honor of productivity and making the most of my time, tonight's post is dedicated to those things that are the most time-efficient.

The Kettlebell

This great addition to a workout burns 300 calories in 15 minutes. Yes, I just said that. Why? Its weight is centered below its handle therefore it takes nearly every muscle in your body to oppose its momentum (I see you smiling physics nerds) when swung. After some research, I found this great circuit that you only need to do three times in order to achieve some great calorie burn.  
Work it out
If you want some more information, check out the Women's Health Magazine website for the complete description. The kettlebell comes in weights from 10 pounds all the way up to over 100 pounds.
Kettlebell family
The best news of all about the kettlebell is that you probably don't even have to spend the money on them! Most standard gyms have them so if you have gym access, definitely incorporate these into your next workout!


Fast Relief

With Japan in disarray from the recent catastrophic earthquake and resulting tsunamis, many organizations are reaching out to help Japan get back on its feet again. If you're saying "I'm so busy I don't even have ten minutes to shower" (which by the way, ew), then many of these groups are making it easy for you to donate to the cause. The simplest way to find an organization you're most comfortable donating to is Charity Navigator. They post safe, legitimate groups to donate to. The one I chose to donate to was the Lady Gaga "We Pray For Japan" Prayer Bracelet which is kind of kitschy and all the proceeds go to Japan relief. 

Cute for a Cause
I will definitely be sporting this once I get it in the mail. 
>> On a note about Japan, please keep my Physics TA in your prayers as he lost his brother and best friend. :( <<
So here's to productivity! As the famous "My Push-Up Bra Will Help Me Get My Man" Tracy Tina says peace and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment