Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day Without the Pie

Happy Pi Day!

If you're nerdy like meee, then  you know that today is more than just the day from hell coming back to school from Spring Break.... it's Pi Day! :)   Something kitschy to know though is that there is actually some debate about the number pi (3.141592...) in that some critics actually argue that the number tau (6.2831853...) is actually the circle constant. Sorry if I ruined anyone's reverence for Pi Day, but if you want to find out more, read The Tau Manifesto! I guess I will also have to celebrate tau day on June 28, just 26 days after mole day... what a nerdy month!  This discovery is not such a loss for my celebration of Pi Day, I hate pie anyways! ;)

Something else unexpected is my spring break weight gain... After five weeks of going to the gym everyday and skimping on my favorite foods (ahem ice cream with freshly baked cookies at ZTA), the scale told me this morning that I spent way too much quality time with food over the break. I guess going to Dairy Queen twice in one day should have clued me in that I was eating too much. Worst news? Only six weeks until it's summer break, and six weeks to kick my butt back into shape again.  So today I'm back on my routine, but the good news is that I can still eat yummy food! I recently found out about some foods that help with fat burning!
  • Avocados
  • Greek yogurt (my personal favorite... look below for my favorite breakfast!): this is loaded with protein and will be sure to keep you full for hours
  • Nuts and seeds (not peanuts or pine nuts)
  • Tea (who knew?! I drink a cup every morning)
This morning I started my day with my absolutely favorite breakfast, greek yogurt and granola.
All of the yummy granola makes texture that has 5g of protein per serving (one serving is 1/4 cup). The best brand is Bear Naked granola because it is not processed (something you should definitely avoid if you're trying to stay healthy) and is chock-full of whole grains. Perfect breakfast or lunch!

And yes, that is a measuring cup that my yogurt and granola is in. Definite dorm multitasking necessity! You can measure out the yogurt and eat it right out of the cup. 

Since I was so down about my spring break weight gain, I decided to splurge on a new cosmetic I found at Target (cosmetics are my weakness, I practically have a collection). Although it is probably hokey and probably a placebo, Physicians Formula has this great new powder called "Happy Booster"
It has "Euphoryl" which apparently has been shown to promote happiness and the joyful feeling you get from a rush of endorphins. In addition, it has a violet scent that is lovely and also has been shown to promote a happy feeling when smelled. Needless to say, it is the perfect new addition to my daily cosmetic routine.  Plus, even if it doesn't actually have those 'chemical effects', it has great coverage and the touch of pink adds a pretty glow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment